The Higher Education Management Information Section was established in 2005 which was further converted to Regular Budget in 16/3/2006. The purpose of the Cell was to automate all the manual process and business of the Department for high info motion among sections/offices of the Department and hence for timely decision making by the Administration.
- To bring excellence in education by incorporating state of the art technologies forb automating functions of the Department at all levels.
- Assembles, process, stores, Retrieves, evaluates and disseminates information of Higher
- Education for decision making and customize reports generation.
- Enable administration to timely take decision by providing up to date information.
- Minimizes information overload by changing larger amount of data into summarized form.
- Bring Coordination by integrating specialized activities among offices/sections.
- To enable Department to report information of HR and Colleges for day to day activities like Transfer, Posting, Promotion employing staff, admission, budgets, Planning etc.
- To support all technology and computer related activities in the Department.
In this regard the following the following steps have been taken:
- MIS Module which stores information regarding Staff and College across the province. Different sections/offices generate reports as per their requirements.
- Website of Higher Education Department is live.
- Online Admission System is developed and will be tested this year on pilot basis in Peshawar. Similarly web portal for all colleges is also completed.
- File Paper tracking System is completed.
- Operate the Departmental Monitoring System.
- Execute ADP Project to strengthen the Cell.
- Monitoring of Colleges for which hiring is in progress on district level.
- For Monitoring purpose module is in progress and GIS tracking.
- College Management Information module is also under consideration for which letter has been sent to DoIT.
- Purchase of Hardware and equipment’s for the Cell.
Structure of HEMIS Cell