CODE OF CONDUCT:
It is binding upon every student of the college to follow the following rules and regulations
- Every student is bound to observe the religious obligations and to show tolerance for other religions, beliefs, customs and traditions. Promoting communal, regional and religious disharmony among students or college staff is strictly prohibited.
- Every student has to be loyal to the ideology of Pakistan and is not allowed to commit any actions which may damage the honor and integrity of the motherland.
- Every student has to demonstrate tolerance, patience and politeness in his dealing with teachers and fellow students
- Every student should respect the college teachers and the college administration and abide by the rules and regulations introduced from time to time. Any form of harassment of any student or other employee of the college or visitor is strictly prohibited
- Every student should pledge to keep his mind and body clean and must demonstrate good manners and should develop the spirit to help and serve his fellow students
- Every student must receive education keenly and participate in sports and co-curricular activities with honesty and sincerity.
- Every student must take care of public and college property and persuade others to do so.
- Every student for any personal concern has to directly contact the concerned in-charge. Improper interference in the academic, administrative, sporting, social or other activities is strictly prohibited.
- Every student shall regularly observe the college and class timing and shall ensure his regular presence in the classes such that his attendance shall not fall short of the required attendances of the public examining bodies.
- Every student shall regularly take class tests and home examinations.
- Every student must come to the college in the college prescribed uniform.
- Every student must provide correct information to the college administration, whenever required.
- Every student must observe all the rules regulations related to the class-room, common room, library, lawns, playgrounds and hostel.
- Every student must abstain himself from using unfair means in the class tests, home examination and public examination
- Smoking, consuming or processing alcoholic drinks or other intoxicants, gambling, possessing or using any weapons in the college premises and unauthorized audio/ video recording/ photography is strictly prohibited.
- Every student shall pay all the college, board, or university dues well in time.
- Taking part in politics and wearing of any badge or cap of political parties/ federations within the college premises is strictly prohibited
- Display of any sort of poster/ banner in the college building or boundary wall is not allowed.
- No student shall facilitate unauthorized entry of any person into the campus or unauthorized occupation of any portion of the college premises, including hostels either himself or by any other person
- Every student shall observe the cultural and social norms of the society
- Parents/ guardians of the regular students and ex-students can visit the college after 11.00 A.M for any official work
In order to ensure the code of conduct and discipline, chief proctor, and the staff proctor may extend the range of duties of the Proctorial monitors to check indiscipline and indecency among the students even outside the college premises.
Students are required to observe and maintain a reasonable standard of conduct. Any act of misconduct by a student inside or outside the campus shall mean the violation of the college discipline resulting in penalties of different intensities including expulsion, rustication or struck off from the college.
Committing any or more of the following will be considered as misconduct and violation of college discipline.
- Disruption of, or improper interference with the academic, administrative, sporting, social or other activities of the college including any attempt to prevent any staff member, student or visitor of the college from carrying on his work.
- Violent, indecent, disorder, threatening, defamatory or offensive behavior or language as well as use of abusive and derogatory or intimidatory language at college premises or elsewhere.
- Any form of harassment of any student or other employee of the college or visitor to the college whether in person, in writing, by email, via the internet or otherwise in the college premises.
- Fraud, deceit, deception, dishonesty or forgery, tampering with or misuse of the college documents or records, identification cards etc.
- Furnishing false certificate or false information to any office under the control and jurisdiction of the college.
- Action which causes or is likely to cause injury or impair safety in the college premises.
- Misuse or unauthorized use of college premises or items of property or damage to or defacement of college or associated property or the property of other members of the college community caused intentionally or recklessly or by negligence and misappropriation of such property.
- Engaging in any attempt at wrongful confinement of teachers, offices, employees and students of the college or campus rules.
- Breach of the provisions of the policies, codes, rules and regulations of the college.
- Smoking, consuming or processing alcoholic drinks, dangerous drugs or other intoxicants in the college premises.
- Indulging in acts of gambling in the college premises.
- Unauthorized audio/ video recording/ photography of learning or other activity.
- Possessing or using any weapons such as knives, iron chains, iron rods, sticks, explosives and fire arms of any kind in the college premises.
- An act of ragging which includes the action of teasing, playing a practical joke upon someone, display of noisy disorderly conduct, teasing by rough or rude treatment or handling including such activities which causes or likely to cause annoyance, undue hardship, physical or psychological harm or raising apprehension or fear in a fresher or asking the students to do any act or perform something which cause him shame or embarrassment or danger to his life.
- Conduct which constitutes a criminal offence (including conviction for an offence) where that conduct: (a) take place in college premises, or (b) affected or concerned other members of the college community, or (c) damaged the good name of the college, or (d) itself constitutes misconduct within the terms of the code
- Any act of moral code
- Failure to disclose name and/or other relevant details to an officer of employee of the college in circumstances when it is reasonable to require that such information be given
- Failure to comply with previously imposed warning under the code or any other policies, codes, rules and regulations of the college
- The deliberate false activation of a fire alarm or fire extinguisher.
- Unauthorized occupation of hostel, rooms or unauthorized acquisition or use of college furniture in one’s hostel room or elsewhere
- Causing or colluding in the unauthorized entry of any person into the campus or in the unauthorized occupation of any portion of college premises including hostels by any person
- Arousing communal, caste or regional feelings or creating disharmony among students or college staff
- Tearing of pages, defacing, burning and destroying of books of the college library
- Any offence under law
- Using or committing an attempt for using unfair means in class test and home examination
- Pasting of posters or distributing pamphlets, handbills etc. of an objectionable nature or writing on walls and disfiguring buildings
- Disobeying teachers or college administration
- Neglects his academic work or other assignments and without any reason absents himself from the class
- Does not clear his college dues in time
- Indulges in politics
- Any other act which may be considered by the Principal or the College discipline committee to be an act of violation of discipline.
OFFICERS AUTHORIZED TO TAKE DISCIPLINARY ACTION:
The following persons are authorized to take disciplinary action by way of imposing penalties as specified under the heading ‘Range of Penalties’
1) The Chief Proctor
2) Disciplinary committee
3) Principal of the College
4) College Council
Any penalty enumerated under the heading ‘Range of Penalties’ may be imposed by the Principal or chief proctor of the college upon the recommendation of a teacher, Head of the Department, Librarian, Hostel Warden, College Controller of Examination, In charge sports, head of any college society, disciplinary committee and College Council
RANGE OF PENALTIES:
The following penalties may for act of indiscipline or misconduct or for sufficient reasons be imposed on a student, singularly or in combination of two or more penalties, namely:
i. Written warning and information to the guardian
ii. Fine from Rs. 100 to Rs. 5000 or more as deem fit to the nature of violation/infringment of rules
iii. Suspension from the class/ Department/ College/ Hostel/ Library/ or availing of any other facility
iv. Suspension or cancellation of scholarships, fellowship or any financial assistance from any source or recommendation to that effect to the sanctioning agency
v. Recovery of pecuniary loss caused to college property
vi. Debarring from participation in sports, debates, different societies, academic or refreshing tours and other such activities
vii. Disqualifying from holding from any representative position in the Class/ College/ Hostel/ Mess/ Sports/ Clubs/ and in similar other bodies
viii. Hostel shift and between Morning/ Evening shifts
ix. Expulsion from the College/ Department/ Faculty/ Hostel/ Mess/ Library/ Club for a specified period
x. Debarring from an examination
xi. Issue of Migration certificate
xii. Issuance of character certificate with adverse remarks
xiii. Prohibition of further admission or re-admission
xiv. Struck off from the college roll for the current academic year or for any extended period
SUSPENSION OF STUDENTSHIP:
Any student against whom a charge of misconduct has been initiated may be suspended from the college by the Principal which shall continue till the final decision of the competent authority. A review of disciplinary action/ actions initiated against a student would lie with the officer issuing the orders, within seven days, and appeal would lie against the orders of the authorities mentioned in these rules to the college council.
AMENDMENT AND ANNULMENT OF RULES:
The Principal in consultation with the college council is competent to amend the rules or regulations except those related to admission policy, in the interest of the Institution.