Admission to the college is conducted strictly in accordance with the rules and regulations, framed by the Provincial Higher Education Department, KP Board of Technical Education Peshawar and University of Science & Technology Bannu as well as University of Lakki Marwat. Admission forms to the candidates will be made available on line just after the declaration of results by the Board / University. The last date for the submission of the online application forms will be communcated to the students through colleg website.
GENERAL ADMISSION RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Admission process starts on the date announced by the admission committee and continues according to the schedule of BISE Bannu / University of Science & Technology Bannu at the relevant levels.
2. In case of availability of online admission facility for a particular level of studies, candidates shall apply online and hard copies of their application forms along with required documents shall be submitted to the college.
3. The application form duly filled by the candidates shall be supported by attested photocopies of the following documents:
Note: Migration certificate-(h) and affidavit in light of Supreme Court decision for refraining from politics-(i) will be obtained from the candidates at the time when their admission is confirmed.
4. Applications which are not registered within due date, whether online or manually, shall not be considered for admission.
5. The principal may keep 10 % of the total number of seats in each faculty for 15 days for meritorious students who may not turn up for admission within the prescribed time for admission due to unavoidable circumstances. The minimum marks declaring a candidate as meritorious will be determined by the concerned committee of the college.
6. If a student applies for admission one or more years late (maximum upto three years) then he/she shall produce an affidavit to the effect that he has not been admitted to any college / institution previously and he is availing the opportunity for admission for the first time.
7. Students passing in supplementary examination are not eligible for admission in the academic year in which he has passed the examination.
8. Students who failed in any class or did not appear in the examination or discontinued their studies are not allowed readmission in the same or lower class.
9. Students failed in one or more subjects are not allowed to take admission in Part-I of Intermediate and Degree,
10. Students placed in “E” grade in SSC exam are not allowed admission in 1st Year in any faculty / group. Candidates who obtain less than 45% in the last examination passed are not allowed admission to 3rd year / Degree Part-I.
11 General conditions as well as conditions specific to particular faculty/group or subject for admission to the Intermediate and Degree Level are those set by the concerned Education Board or University for the relevant level, faculty or subject.
12. No regular admission in any class is allowed to a candidate who has already passed equivalent examination in another faculty / group or subject.
13. Candidates who fail to confirm their seat by depositing the required fee within the specified period shown on any merit list shall lose their right of admission and his seat will be allotted to the next candidate in order of merit. However, if such candidate(s) turn for admission at a later stage and vacant seats are available then such candidates may be given opportunity before offering admission to next candidate(s) having lower stage on the merit list.
For Intermediate Part-1/1st Year and Two Years Degree Part-1/3rd Year, admissions are awarded on the basis of the following allocations:
A candidate is defined local to a college if he:
a. is domiciled of district Lakki Marwat.
b. is child/spouse of an employee of the federal or provincial government serving in the district of Lakki Marwat.
c. has passed the last exam from a feeding school / college of the area situated in district Lakki Marwat.
ii. 10% seats are reserved for candidates of areas other than district Lakki Marwat provided they have obtained A or A1 or A+Grade in the last examination passed.
iii. Five percent (5%) seats at each level are reserved for the children of the employees of the Higher Education Department Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (college subsector) on provincial basis.
iv. Two percent (2%) seats are reserved for disable candidates on provincial basis.
v. Five percent (5%) seats are reserved at each level for sports quota on provincial basis. These seats are reserved only for the games which are available and offered by the college.
vi. Seats falling vacant under any quota will be allocated to quota for local candidates.
One seat in each faculty over and above the allocated total seats is reserved for Afghan refugees. However, such candidates shall submit their applications through proper channel.
15. Twenty extra marks are awarded to Hafiz-e-Quran. Such candidates shall not only support their claim by the relevant certificate but they shall also have to pass the recitation test conducted by the relevant admission committee.
16. Five marks per year are deducted from the obtained marks of a candidate who has passed the last examination in the previous year(s). Such procedure is limited for the candidates who failed to get admission during the previous three consecutive years only.
17. Merit List of sports quota for the game(s) the facility for which is available in the college will be prepared on the basis of performance of candidates in sports, which will be measured as below:
i. Previous Participation Marks 35
a. School/College Level Certificate 10 15
b. Inter District / Zonal Certificate 15 --
c. District Level Certificate 20 --
d. Regional / BISE Inter School / Inter 25 25
Colleges/DHE Regional level certificate
e. Inter-Board / Provincial Certificate 30 30
f. BISE / Other National Level Certificate 35 35
Note: Candidate having more than one of the above certificates shall be awarded marks of only the highest certificate that he has.
ii. Trial Marks 65
iii. Total Sports Marks (i+ii) 100
iv. Students admitted on sports basis shall be required to submit an undertaking that
they will actively participate in the college sports team, failing which their admission
shall stand cancelled.
18 UPPER AGE LIMIT
i. The upper age limit for admission to various levels/classes, except sports quota, shall be as under and shall be counted with respect to the closing date for receipt of applications for admission to the concerned level or faculty.
a. 1st year 19 years
b. 3rd year 22 years
ii. For admission on sports quota maximum age shall be considered one year less
than the age limits shown above.
19 Age Relaxation
i. Overage candidates (except under sports quota) can apply for relaxation in the upper age limits for upto three years by giving cogent reasons for availing such relaxation. Applications for age relaxation must be submitted before the closing date of submission of application forms, whether online or manual.
ii. The provisional admission shall stand cancelled if the relaxation in upper age limit is not granted by the competent authority within 30 days of making such a request.
20. Cancellation of Admission
Admission in the college shall stand cancelled under the following circumstances.
i. If any information given by the student in his Admission Form is found to be incorrect at any stage.
ii. If a student fails to attend the classes within 10 days of the start of the session.
iii. If a student is found to be professional agitator, or has been struck off from any educational institution on disciplinary grounds.
iv. If a student is practically involved in Politics.
v. If a student admitted on sports basis either does not submit an undertaking thathe/she will actively participate in the college sports team, or does not participate in the sports activities of the college.
vi. On the request of the student provided the request is made within a specified time period notified by the admission committee.
21. Struck off on Account of Absenteeism
A student who remains absent for more than six consecutive days without approved leave shall be struck off the college rolls without any notice.
22. Re- Admission
A student whose admission is cancelled or whose name is struck off on the basis of long absence can apply for re-admission to the Principal within 15 days of the issue of such notification. The Principal may allow his re-admission on payment of the Re-admission fee / Admission Fee and any other outstanding dues.
Re-admission for the second time in a current academic session shall not be generally allowed. However, genuine and deserving cases may be submitted to the Director Higher Education on the basis of valid documentary proof with the condition that the applicant can make up for his shortages and can fulfil the requirement of 75% attendance during the remaining period of the session. Such students shall pay all the Government fees and Pupils Fund except security and BISE / University charges.
23. Change of Subject
Change of faculty is not allowed. However, change of subject is allowed subject to the following conditions:
i. The student must apply for change of subject within 21 days of the start of the classes at each level of studies.
ii. Change of subject is allowed only within a faculty or group of subjects.
Migration to or from the college may be allowed by the Principals of both the colleges subject to the conditions:
i. that the applicant is seeking migration from a college situated beyond 16 kilometre of this college.
ii. that the request is based on genuine grounds like parents / spouse transfer, family shifting , family enmity or marriage duly supported by documentary proof
iii. marks obtained by the candidates in the last examination passed are not less than the minimum marks obtained by a regular student of that class.
iv. the migration is within the prescribed time period of BISE Bannu / University of Science & Technology Bannu.