ADMISSION POLICY FOR GOVERNMENT COLLEGES
(MALE & FEMALE) IN KHYBER PAKHTUNKHWA
This Admission Policy is being implemented in all the Male and Female Colleges of Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for admission in Ist year/Inter Part-1, 3rd Year/Two Years Degree Part-1, BS 1st Semester and M.A/M.Sc (Previous) w.e.f. the academic session 2015-16 and onward.
- Short titles and Commencement
- This may be called the Admission Policy for Male and Female Colleges of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa under the jurisdiction of Higher Education Department.
- This shall come in to force w.e.f. the Academic Session 2015-16.
In the Admission Policy, unless the context otherwise requires:
- “Admission“ means regular entry in to the college as per laid down procedure.
- “Admission Committee” means the committee / committees appointed by the Principal of a college for scrutinizing the documents and eligibility of the candidates and making recommendation for their admission in the faculty for which the committee is constituted.
- “College” means all the male and female colleges under the administrative control of the Higher Education Department, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- “Principal” means the head of the college whether holding a regular post or appointed as otherwise.
- “Director” means Director Higher Education, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. (vi) “Secretary” means Secretary to Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Higher Education, Archives & Libraries Department.
- “Result” means the gazette notification regarding assessment of the candidates after SSC, Intermediate and Degree examinations by the respective Education Boards and Universities.
- “Level” or “Class” means Intermediate Part-1 /1st Year, or Degree Part 1 / 3rd Year / BS 1st Semester, or M.A/M.Sc Previous at intermediate, degree and postgraduate level of studies, respectively.
- “Faculty” means discipline like Pre-Medical, Pre-Engineering, Computer Sc, Humanities, and such other groups of studies which are available in the college and allowed by the concerned Education Board or University.
- “Sports” means games defined by the concerned Education Board or University and offered by the college.
- “Board” means concerned Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education to which a college is affiliated at the intermediate level.
- “University” means concerned University to which a college is affiliated at degree or postgraduate level.
- Commencement of Admission
- Admission to different classes shall be completed according to the schedule fixed by the concerned Education Board or University, as the case may be. Admission forms shall be made available to the candidates just after declaration of the result till reasonable opportunity is provided to all the eligible candidates of different Education Boards and Universities of the Province, including FBISE (Islamabad).
- (a) Admission forms for admission to each group shall be entered in a separate register under specified serial numbers, which shall serve as reference for any information in respect of a candidate who has applied for admission. A receipt of admission form shall also be issued to each candidate who applies for admission.
(b) Where online admission facility is available, candidates shall apply online and hardcopies of their application forms along with required documents shall be submitted to the concerned colleges.
- The Principal shall constitute separate Admission Committees for different faculties/groups at various levels. Each committee shall consist of a Senior Staff Member as Chairperson along with other staff members drawn from the relevant faculty/group. These committees should thoroughly check/scrutinize the application forms and make their recommendation regarding eligibility of the candidates for admission in a particular group of studies according to the rules/instructions issued by the government and concerned affiliating Education Board or University.
- The application form duly filled by the candidates shall be supported by the attested photocopies of following documents:
- SSC Certificate for admission at any level of studies
- Detail Marks / Provisional Certificate of the last exam passed
- Character Certificate issued by the learning institution last attended. Where the candidate has passed the last examination in private capacity such certificate shall be signed by a gazetted officer. d. Domicile Certificate
- Self / father CNIC / Form B
- Required number of coloured photographs as per college policy.
- Quota eligibility certificate in case a candidate applies for a specified quota notified by the government, e.g Sports, Disable or Education Employees quotas, etc.
Note: Affidavit in light of Supreme Court decision for refraining from politics shall be obtained from the candidates at the time of admission.
- Applications which are not registered within due date, whether online or manually, shall not be considered for admission.
- The principal may keep 10 % of the total number of seats in each faculty for 15 days for meritorious students who may not turn up for admission within the prescribed time for admission due to unavoidable circumstances. The minimum marks declaring a candidate as meritorious shall be determined by the concerned committee of each college.
- If a student applies for admission one or more years late then he/she shall produce an affidavit to the effect that he/she has not been admitted at any college previously and he/she is availing the opportunity for admission for the first time.
- Students passing in supplementary examination shall not be eligible for admission in the academic year in which he/she has passed the examination.
- Students who failed in any class or did not appear in the examination or
discontinued their studies shall not be allowed readmission in the same or lower class.
- The admission Committee(s), while recommending the candidates for admission shall pay due consideration to the following:
- Students failed in one or more subjects shall not be allowed to take admission in Part-I /1st Semester of Intermediate, Degree, Postgraduate or BS classes.
- Students placed in “E” grade in SSC exam shall not be allowed admission in 1st Year in any faculty / group.
- Candidates who obtain less than 45% in the last examination passed shall not be allowed admission to 3rd year / Degree Part-1st or BS 1st Semester.
- General conditions as well as conditions specific to particular faculty/group or subject for admission to the Intermediate, Degree, BS and Postgraduate Level shall be in accordance with those set by the concerned Education Board or University for the relevant level, faculty or subject.
- No regular admission in any class shall be allowed to a candidate who has already passed equivalent examination in another faculty / group or subject.
(xi) Candidates who fail to confirm their seat by depositing the required fee within the specified period shown on any merit list shall lose their right of admission and his/her seat shall be allotted to the next candidate in order of merit. However, if such candidate(s) turn for admission at a later stage and vacant seats are available then such candidates may be given opportunity before offering admission to next candidate(s) having lower stage on the merit list.
- College Jurisdiction and Seats Distribution
- For Intermediate Part-1/1st Year and Two Years Degree Part-1/3rd Year, each college shall offer admission to the following on the basis of their respective merit:
- Seventy Eight percent (78%) of the total number of seats are reserved for local candidates of the area in which the college is situated. A candidate shall be defined local to a college if he/she:
- is domiciled of the district in which the college is situated.
- is child/spouse of an employee of the federal or provincial government serving in the district in which the college is situated.
- has passed the last exam from a feeding school of the area situated in the district in which the college is situated.
- 10% seats are reserved for candidates of areas of the country other than the district in which the college is situated provided they have obtained A or A1 or A+ Grade in the last examination passed.
- Five percent (5%) seats at each level are reserved for the children of the employees of the Higher Education Department Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (college subsector) on provincial basis.
- Two percent (2%) seats are reserved for disable candidates on provincial basis.
- Five percent (5%) seats are reserved at each level for sports quota on provincial basis. These seats are reserved only for the games which are available and offered by the college.
- Seats falling vacant under any quota as defined under rule 4:A(ii, iii, iv, v) shall be allocated to quota for local candidates.
- i. In case of admission to the Postgraduate or BS classes, 50 % of admissions at each level, i.e. BS 1st Semester and Postgraduate Previous / Part-1 shall be made on the basis of open merit while 50% shall be reserved for local candidates of the area as defined in rule 4:A(i)(a, b, c) above.
ii. Seats falling vacant under one quota as defined under rule 4:B(i) shall be allocated to the other quota.
- One seat in each faculty at the intermediate level over and above the allocated total seats is reserved for Afghan refugees. However, such candidates shall submit their applications through proper channel.