Admission to Intermediate Part-1st/1st year and BS 1st Semester is completed strictly in accordance with rules and regulations framed by the Provincial Higher Education Department and schedule fixed by BISE Kohat/ Kohat University of Science & Technology (KUST), Kohat as the case may be.. Prospectus, alongwith admission forms, can be had on payment from the office of the principal during working hours just after the issuance of the schedule of the BISE Kohat/Kohat University of Science and Technology Kohat. The College Admission Committee will announce the last date for the submission of the application forms in each case. The candidates are required to submit their admission forms, complete in all respects, according to the schedule issued by the college administration.
GENERAL ADMISSION RULES AND REGULATION
- Admission process starts on the date announced by the admission committee and continues according to the schedule of BISE Kohat/KUST at the relevant levels.
- Candidates seeking admission in Intermediate Part-I/Ist year shall apply online
- Candidates whose Names appear in Merit List will have to appear before admission committee with original documents and hard copies of their application forms, along with required documents within stipulated date,
- The application form supported by attested photocopies of the following documents:
- Secondary School Certificate for admission at any level of studies
- Detailed marks and provisional certificate of the last examination passed
- Character Certificate issued by the institution last attended. Where the candidate has passed the last examination in private capacity, such certificate shall be signed by a gazette officer. In case of a private candidate besides the character certificate issued by the institute last attended he/she will have to produce a recent character certificate duly signed by a gazetted officer.
- Domicile certificate
- Self/Father’s CNIC/Form B
- Five passport size coloured photographs
- Quota eligibility certificate in case a candidate applies for a specified quota notified by the government, e.g, sports, disabled, or Higher Education Employees Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (College subsector) quotas.
- NAT Certificate conducted by NTS with at least 40% marks or Entry Test certificate conducted by ETEA current year score with at least 33 % for Engineering and 40% for Medical subjects (BS Only).
- (i) Migration Certificate for candidates having passed their SSC or equailent examination from other than BISE Kohat.
(ii)Migration Certificate for all candidates seeking admission in BS.
- Affidavit as per specimen.
Note: Migration certificate (i) and an affidavit in the light of Supreme Court decision for refraining
from politics will be obtained from the candidates at the time when their admission is confirmed.
- Applications which are not registered within due date, whether online or manually, shall not be
considered for admission.
- The principal may keep 10% of the total number of seats in each faculty for 15 days for meritorious
Students who may not turn up for admission within the prescribed time for admission due to
unavoidable circumstances. The minimum marks declaring a candidate as meritorious will be
determined by the admission committee of the college.
- A candidate, who is applying for admission one or more years late (maximum upto three years) after
passing SSC/HSSC or equailent examination, will have to produce an affidavit to the effect that (s)he
has not been admitted previously at any college/ university and (s)he is availing the opportunity for
admission for the first time.
- Students passing SSC/HSSC or equailent Examination in Supplementary Examination are not eligible
for admission in the academic year in whichthey have passed the examination.
- Students who failed in any class or did not appear in the examination or discontinued their studies are not allowed readmission in the same or lower class.
- Students failed in one or more subjects are not allowed to take admission in part-I of intermediate and Ist Semester of degree programme.
- Students having been placed in grade “E” in SSC or equailent examination are not allowed for admission to Intermediate part-I/ 1st year in any faculty/group. Candidates who obtain less than 45% marks in HSSC or equailent examination are not allowed for admission to BS 1st Semester.
- General conditions as well as conditions specific to particular faculty/group for admission to the intermediate and degree level are those set by BISE Kohat and KUST for the relevant level or faculty.
- No regular admission in any class is allowed to a candidate who has already passed equivalent examination in another faculty/group.
- Candidates who fail to confirm their seat by depositing the required fee within the specified period
shown on any merit list issued by the concerned admission committee, shall lose their right of admission and their seats will be allotted to the next candidate in order of merit.
- For intermediate part-I/1styear admissions are awarded on the basis of the following allocations:
- Eighteen percent (18%) of the total number of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to the jurisdictional area of the college as defined by the college administration. A candidate shall be defined belonging to the jurisdictional area of the college if he/she:
- is domiciled of the college jurisdictional area of the district
- is child/spouse of an employee of the federal or provincial government serving in the jurisdictional area of the college
- has passed the last exam from a feeding school situated in the jurisdictional area of the college.
- Sixty percent (60%) of the total number of seats are reserved for candidates of the district in which the college is situated. A candidate shall be defined belonging to the district of the college, if he/she:
- is domiciled of the district in which the college is situated.
- is child/spouse of an employee of the federal or provincial government serving in the district in which the college is situated.
- has passed the last exam from a feeding school of the area situated in the district in which the college is situated.
- Ten percent (10%) seats are reserved for candidates of areas other than District Kohat provided that they have obtained A or A-1 or A+ grade in SSC or equailent examination passed
- Five percent (5%) seats at each level are reserved for the children of the employees of the Higher Education Department KPK (college subsector) on provincial basis.
- Two percent (2%) are reserved for disabled candidates on provincial basis.
- Five percent (5%) are reserved at each level (Intermediate and degree) for sports quota on provincial basis. These seats are reserved only for the games which are available and offered by the college.
- Seats falling vacant under any quota will be allocated to quota for local candidates.
- In case of admission to the BS classes,
- 50% of admissions will be made on the basis of open merit while 50% will be reserved for local
- Seats falling vacant under one quota as defined under will be allocated to the other quota.
- One seat in each faculty over and above the allocated total seats is reserved for Afghan
refugees. However, such candidates shall submit their admission application forms through