Rules and Regulations
Rules & Regulations / Code of Conduct
It is binding upon every student of the college to follow the following rules and regulations:
1. Every student is bound to observe the religious obligations and to show tolerance for other religions, beliefs, customs and traditions. Promoting communal, regional and religious disharmony among students or college staff is strictly prohibited;
2. Every student has to be loyal to the Ideology of Pakistan and is not allowed to commit any actions which may damage the honour and integrity of the motherland;
3.Every student has to demonstrate tolerance, patience, and politeness in his dealing with teachers and fellow students;
4.Every student should respect the college teachers and the college administration and abide by the rules and regulations introduced from time to time. Any form of harassment of any student or other employee of the college or visitor is strictly prohibited;
5. Every student should pledge to keep his mind and body clean and must demonstrate good manners and should develop the spirit to help and serve his fellow students;
6. Every student must receive his education keenly and participate in sports and co- curricular activities with honesty and sincerity;
7. Every student must take care of the public and college property and persuade others to do so;
8. Every student, for any personal concern, has to directly contact the concerned Incharge. Improper interference in the academic, administrative, sporting, social or other activities is strictly prohibited;
9. Every student shall regularly observe the college and class timing and shall ensure his/her regular presence in the classes such that his/her attendance shall not fall short of the required attendances of the public examining bodies;
10. Every student shall regularly take class tests and home examinations;
11. Every student must come to the college in the college prescribed uniform;
12. Every student must provide correct information to the college administration, whenever required;
13 Every student must observe all the rules regulations related to the class-room, common room, library, lawns, playgrounds and hostel;
14. Every student must abstain himself from using unfair means in the class tests, home examination and public examination;
15. Smoking, consuming or possessing alcoholic drinks or other intoxicants, gambling, possessing or using any weapons in the college premises and unauthorised audio/video recording/ photography is strictly prohibited;
16. Every student shall pay all the college, board, or university dues well in time;
17. Taking part in politics and wearing of any badge or cap of political parties/ federations within the college premises is strictly prohibited;
18. Display of any sort of poster/ banner in the college building or boundary wall is not allowed;
19. No student shall facilitate unauthorized entry of any person into the campus or unauthorized occupation of any portion of college premises, including hostels either himself or by any person;
20. Students are not allowed to use or keep cellular phones except allowed by the college administration under special circumstances.
21. Every student shall observe the cultural and social norms of the society;
22. Parents/guardians of the regular students and ex-students can visit the college after 11:00 A.M.for any official work.
In order to ensure the code of conduct and discipline, the Chief Proctor, and the staff proctor may extend the range of duties of the Proctorial monitors to check indiscipline and indecency among the students even outside the college premises.
Students are required to observe and maintain a reasonable standard of conduct. Any act of misconduct committed by a student inside or outside the campus shall mean the violation of the college discipline resulting in penalties of different intensities including expulsion, rustication or struck-off from the college.
Committing any or more of the following will be considered as misconduct and violation of college discipline:
The following persons are authorized to take disciplinary action by way of imposing penalties as specified under the heading ‘Range of Penalties’.
i. The Chief Proctor
ii. Disciplinary Committee
iii. Principal of the College
iv. College Council
Any penalty enumerated under the heading ‘Range of Penalties’ may be imposed by the Principal or Chief Proctor of the college upon the recommendation of a Teacher, Head of the Department, Librarian, Imam e Masjid, Hostel Warden, college Controller of Examination, Incharge Sports, Head of any College Society, Discipline Committee and College Council.
RANGE OF PENALTIES
The following penalties may, for act of indiscipline or misconduct or for sufficient reasons, be imposed on a student, namely:
i. Written warning and information to the guardian
ii. Fine from Rs.100 to Rs.5000
iii. Suspension from the Class/Department/College/Hostel/Mess/Library/ or availing of any other facility
iv. Suspension or cancellation of scholarships, fellowship or any financial assistance from any source or
recommendation to that effect to the sanctioning agency
v. Recovery of pecuniary loss caused to college Property
vi. Debarring from participation in sports, debates, different societies, academic or refreshing tours and other such
viii Disqualifying from holding any representative position in the Class/ College/ Hostel/ Mess/ Sports/ Clubs and in
similar other bodies
ix. Hostel shift and between Morning/Evening shifts
x. Expulsion from the College/Department/Faculty/Hostel/Mess/Library/Club for a specified period
xi. Debarring from an examination
xii. Issue of Migration Certificate
xiii. Issuance of character certificate with adverse remarks
xiv. Prohibition of further admission or re-admission
xv. Struck-off the college rolls for the current academic year/session or for any extended period
SUSPENSION OF STUDENTSHIP
Any student against whom a charge of misconduct has been initiated may be suspended from the college by the Principal which shall continue till the final decision of the competent authority.
A review of disciplinary action/actions initiated against a student would lie with the officer issuing the orders, within seven days, and an appeal would lie against the orders of the authorities mentioned in these Rules to the College Council.
AMENDMENT AND ANNULMENT OF RULES
The Principal in consultation with the College Council is competent to amend the rules or regulations, except those related to admission policy, in the interest of the institution.