GENERAL ADMISSION RULES AND REGULATIONS
Admission to the college is conducted strictly in accordance with the rules and regulations, framed by the Provincial Higher Education Department, BISEMardan and University ofSwabi Admissionforms to the candidates will be made available just after the declaration of results by the Board / University. The College Admission Committee will announce the last date for the submission of the application forms in each case.
- Admission process starts on the date announced by the admission committee and continuesaccording to the schedule of BISEMardan / University ofSwabi at the relevant levels.
- The application form, duly filled by the candidates, shall be supported by attested photocopies of the following documents
- SSC Certificate for admission at any level of studies
- Detailed Marks / Provisional Certificate of the last exam passed
- Character Certificate issued by the learning institution last attended. Where the candidate has passed the last examination in private capacity such certificate shall be signed by a gazetted officer.
- Domicile Certificate
- Self / father CNIC / Form B
- Six (06) passport sizescolored photographs.
- Quota eligibility certificate in case a candidate applies for a specified quota notified by the government, e.g. Sports, Disable or Higher Education Employees Khyber Pakhtunkhwa(college subsector) quotas, etc.
- Migration Certificate for candidates having passed their examination from other than BISE Mardan/ University of Swabi.
- Affidavit as per specimen.
Note: Migration certificate-(h) and affidavit in light of Supreme Court decision for refraining from politics-(i) will be obtained from the candidates at the time when their admission is confirmed.
- Applications which are not submittedonline within due dateshall not beconsidered for admission.
- The principal may keep 10 % of the total number of seats in each faculty for 15 days for meritoriousStudents who may not turn up for admission within the prescribed time for admission due to unavoidable circumstances. The minimum marks declaring a candidate as meritorious will be determined by the concerned committee of the college.
- If a student applies for admission one or more years late (maximum upto three years) then he/sheShall produce an affidavit to the effect that he/she has not been admitted to any college / institution previously and he/she is availing the opportunity for admission for the first time.
- Students passing in supplementary examination are not eligible for admission in the academic yearin which he/she has passed the examination.
- Students who failed in any class or did not appear in the examination or discontinued their studiesare not allowed readmission in the same or lower class.
- Students failed in one or more subjects are not allowed to take admission.
- Students placed in "E" grade in SSC exam are not allowed admission in 1st Year in any faculty / group. Candidates who obtain less than 45% in the last examination passed are not allowed foradmission to BS 1st Semester.
- General conditions as well as conditions specific to particular faculty/group or subject for admission to the Intermediate andBS Level are those set by the concerned Education Board or University for the relevant level, faculty or subject.
- No regular admission in any class is allowed to a candidate who has already passed equivalent examination in another faculty / group or subject.
- Candidates who fail to confirm their seat by depositing the required fee within the specified period shown on any merit list shall lose their right of admission and his/her seat will be allotted to the next candidate in order of merit. However, if such candidate(s) turn for admission at a later stage and vacant seats are available then such candidates may be given opportunity before admitting next candidate having lower stage on the merit list.
- SEATS ALLOCATION
- For Intermediate Part-1/1st Year, admissions are awarded on the basis of the following allocations:
- Sixty (60%) of the total number of seats are reserved for local (District Local) candidates of the area in which the college is situated.
A candidate is defined district local to a college if he/she:
- is domiciled of district Swabi.
- is child/spouse of an employee of the federal or provincial government serving in the district of Swabi.
- has passed the last exam from a feeding school / college of the area situated in district Swabi.
- Eighteen percent (18%) seats are reserved for candidates of Jurisdictional area of the collge.
- Ten percent (10%) seats are reserved for candidates of areas other than district Peshawar provided they have obtained A or Al or A+ Grade in the last examination passed.
- Five percent (5%) seats at each level are reserved for the children of the employees of the Higher Education Department Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (college subsector) on provincialbasis.
- Two percent (2%) seats are reserved for disable candidates on provincial basis.
- Five percent (5%) seats are reserved at each level for sports quota on provincial basis. These seats are reserved only for the games which are available and offered by the college.
- Seats falling vacant under any quota will be allocated to quota for local candidates of jurisdictional area.
- Two seats (Over and above) for admission to first year in each faculty are reserved for minority quota on provincial basis.
- In case of admission to BS classes the following seats distribution for each subject in case of 40 admission seats per class shall be observed by each college and shall offer admission to the following on the basis of their respective merit.
- Eighteen seats for candidates of the district
- Eighteen seats outside of the district of the college
- One seat for the children of employees of HED on provinicial basis (College Sector)
- One seat for disable candidates of the province
- Two seats for sports quota
- Seats falling vacant shall be allocated for candidates define in B-i.
14. One seat in each faculty over and above the allocated total seats is reserved for Afghan refugees. However, such candidates shall submit their applications through proper channel.
15. Twenty extra marks are awarded to Hafiz-e-Quran. Such candidates shall not only support their claim by the relevant certificate but they shall also have to pass the recitation test conducted by the relevant admission committee.
16. Five marks per year are deducted from the obtained marks of a candidate who has passed thelast examination in the previous year(s). Such procedure is limited for the candidates who failed to get admission during the previous three consecutive years only.
17. Merit List of sports quota for the game(s) the facility for which is available in the college will be prepared on the basis of performance of candidates in sports, which will be measured as below:
I. Previous Participation Marks: 35 (Distributed as following)
- School/College Level Certificate 10 15
- Inter District / Zonal Certificate 15
- District Level Certificate 20
- Regional / BISE Inter School / Inter
Colleges/DHE Regional level certificate 25 25
- Inter-Board / Provincial Certificate 30 30
- BISE / Other National Level Certificate 35 35
Note: Candidate having more than one of the above certificatesshall be awarded marks of only the highest certificate that he/she has.
II. Trial Marks: 65
- Total Sports Marks (I + II): 100
NOTE: Students admitted on sports basis shall be required to submit an undertaking thatthey will actively participate in the college sports team, failing which their admission shall stand cancelled.
18. UPPER AGE LIMIT
- Male Candidates:
- The upper age limit for male candidates for admission to various Levels/classes, except sports quota, shall be as under and shall be
counted with respect to the closing date for receipt of applications for Admission to the concerned level or faculty.
First Year 19 years
BS 1st Semester 22 years
- For admission on sports quota maximum age shall be considered one yearless than the age limits shown above.
19. AGE RELAXATION
- Overage candidates (except under sports quota) can apply for relaxation in the upper age limits for upto three years by giving cogent reasons for availing such relaxation. Applications for age relaxation must be submitted before the closing date of submission of application forms, whether online or manual.
- The provisional admission shall stand cancelled if the relaxation in upper age limit is not granted by the competent authority within 30 days of making such a request.
20. CANCELLATION OF ADMISSION
Admission in the college shall stand cancelled under the following circumstances.
- If any information given by the student in his Admission Form is found to be incorrect at any stage.
- If a student fails to attend the classes within 10 days of the start of the session.
- If a student is found to be professional agitator, or has been struck off from any educational institution on disciplinary grounds.
- If a student is practically involved in Politics.
- If a student admitted on sports basis either does not submit an undertaking that he/she will actively participate in the college sports team, or does not participate in the sports activities of the college.
- On the request of the student provided the request is made within a specified time period notified by the admission committee.
21. STRUCKOFF ON ACCOUNT OF ABSETEEISM
A student who remains absent for more than six consecutive days without approved leave shall be struck off the college rolls without any notice.
A student whose admission is cancelled or whose name is struck off on the basis of long absence can apply for re-admission to the Principal within 15 days of the issue of such notification. The Principal may allow his re-admission on payment of the Re-admission fee / Admission Fee and any other outstanding dues.
Re-admission for the second time in a current academic session shall not be generally allowed. However, genuine and deserving cases may be submitted to the Director Higher Education on the basis of valid documentary proof with the condition that the applicant can make up for his shortages and can fulfill the requirement of 75% attendance during the remaining period of the session. Such students shall pay all the Government fees and Pupils Fund except security and BISE / University charges.
23. CHANGE OF SUBJECT
Change of faculty is not allowed. However, change of subject is allowed subject to the following conditions:
- The student must apply for change of subject within 21 days of the start of the classes at each level of studies.
- Change of subject is allowed only within a faculty or group of subjects.
Migration to or from the college may be allowed by the Principals of both the colleges subject to the conditions:
- That the applicant is seeking migration from a college situated beyond 16 kilometer of this college.
- that the request is based on genuine grounds like parents / spouse transfer , family shifting , family enmity or marriage duly supported by documentary proof
- Marks obtained by the candidates in the last examination passed are not less than the minimum marks obtained by a regular student of that class.
- The migration is within the prescribed time period of BISE Mardan / University of Swabi.