CODE OF CONDUCT
It is binding upon every student of the college to follow the following rules and regulations.
- Every student is bound to observe the religious obligations and to show tolerance for other religions, beliefs, customs and traditions, promoting communal, regional and religious disharmony among students or college staff is strictly prohibited.
- Every student has to be loyal to the ideology of Pakistan and is not allowed to commit any actions which may damage the honour and integrity of the motherland.
- Every student has to demonstrate tolerance, patience, and politeness in her dealing with teachers and fellow students.
- Every student should respect the college teachers and the college administration and abide by the rules and regulations introduced from time to time. Any form of harassment of any student or other employee of the college or visitor is strictly prohibited.
- Every student should pledge to keep her mind and body clean and must demonstrate good manners and should develop the spirit to help and serve her fellow students.
- Every student must receive her education keenly and participate in sports and co-curricular activities with honesty and sincerity.
- Every student must take care of the public and college property and persuade others to do so.
- Every student, for any personal concern, has to directly contact the concerned incharge. Improper interference in the academic, administrative, sporting, social or other activities is strictly prohibited.
- Every student shall regularly observe the college and class timing and shall ensure her regular presence in the classes such that her attendance shall not fall short of the required attendances of the public examining bodies.
- Every student shall regularly take class tests and home examinations.
- Every student must come to the college in the college prescribed uniform.
- Every student must provide correct information to the college administration, whenever required.
- Every student must observe all rules& regulations related to the class-room, common room, library, lawns, playgrounds and hostel.
- Every student must abstain herself from using unfair means in the class tests, home examination and public examination.
- Smoking, consuming or possessing alcoholic drinks or other intoxicants, gambling, possessing or using any weapons in the college premises and unauthorized audio/video recording / photography is strictly prohibited.
- Every student shall pay all the college, board, or university dues well in time.
- Taking part in politics and wearing of any badge or cap of political parties / federations within the college premises is strictly prohibited.
- Display of any sort of poster / banner in the college building or boundary wall is not allowed.
- No student shall facilitate unauthorized entry of any person into the campus or unauthorized occupation of any portion of college premises, including hostels either himself or by any person.
- Students are not allowed to use or keep cellular phones except allowed by the college administration under special circumstances. In case of violation , concerned student will pay fine of Rs. ______ and her cell shall be confiscated.
- Every student shall observe the cultural and social norms of the society.
- Parents / guardians of the regular students and ex-students can visit the college after 11.00a.m for any official work.
- In order to ensure the code of conduct and discipline, the Chief Proctor, and the staff proctor may extend the range of duties of the Proctorial monitors to check indiscipline and indecency among the students even outside the college premises. .
Students are required to observe and maintain a reasonable standard of conduct. Any act of misconduct committed by a student inside or outside the campus shall mean the violation of the college discipline resulting in penalties of different intensities including expulsion, rustication or struck off from the college.
Committing any or more of the following will be considered as misconduct and violation of college discipline:-
- Disruption of, or improper interference with, the academic, administrative, sporting, social or other activities of the college including any attempt to prevent any staff member, student or visitor of the college from carrying on his or her work.
- Violent, indecent, disorderly, threatening, defamatory or offensive behavior or language and use of abusive and derogatory slogans or lntimidatory language whilst on college premises elsewhere.
- Any form of harassment of any student or other employee of the college or visitor to the college whether in person, in writing, by email, via the internet or otherwise, whilst on college premises or whilst engaged in any college activity.
- Fraud, deceit, deception, dishonesty or forgery, tampering with or misuse of the college documents or records, identification cards, etc.
- Furnishing false certificate or false information to any office under the control and jurisdiction of the college.
- Action which causes or is likely to cause injury or impair safety on college premises.
- Misuse or unauthorized use of college premises or items of property or damage to, or defacement of college or associated property or the property of other members of the college community caused intentionally or recklessly or by negligence, and misappropriation of such property.
- Engaging in any attempt at wrongful confinement of teacher, offices, employees and students of the college or camping inside.
- Breach of the provisions of the Policies, Codes, Rules and Regulation of the college.
- Smoking, consuming or possessing alcoholic drinks, dangerous drugs or other intoxicants in the college premises.
- Indulging in acts gambling in the college premises.
- Possessing or using any weapons such as knives, Iron chains, Iron rods, sticks, explosives and fire arms of any kind in the college premises.
- Unauthorized audio/video recording/photography of a learning or other activity.
- An act of ragging which includes the action of teasing, playing a practical joke upon someone, display of noisy, disorderly conduct, teasing by rough or rude treatment or handing, including such activities which causes or likely to cause annoyance, undue hardship, physical or psychological harm or raising apprehension or fear in a fresher or asking the students to do any act or perform something which cause her shame or embarrassment or danger to her life.
- Conduct which constitutes a criminal offence (including conviction for an offence) where that conduct: (a) took place on college premises, or (b) affected or concerned other members of the college community, or (c) damaged the good name of the college, or (d) itself constitutes misconduct within the terms of this code;
- Any act of moral.
- Failure to disclose name and/or other relevant details to an officer or employee of the college in circumstances when it is reasonable to require that such information be given;
- Failure to comply with a previously-imposed warning under this code or any other policies, codes, Rules and Regulation of the college.
- The deliberate false activation of a fire alarm or fire extinguisher.
- Mobiles are strictly prohibited in the college premises. Any student found guilty of posession of mobile will face strict action to be decided by the action committee.
- Unauthorized occupation of hostel, rooms or unauthorized acquisition or use of college furniture in one’s hostel room or elsewhere.
- Causing or colluding in the unauthorized entry of any person into the campus or in the unauthorized occupation of any portion of college premises. Including hostels by any person.
- Arousing communal, or regional feelings or creating disharmony among students or college staff.
- Tearing of pages, defacing, burning and destroying of books of the college library.
- Any offence under law.
- Using or committing an attempt for using unfair means in class test and home examination.
- Pasting of posters or distributing pamphlets, handbills etc, of an objectionable nature or writing on walls and disfiguring buildings.
- Disobeying teachers or college administration.
- Neglects her academic work or other assignments and without any reason absents herself from the class.
- Does not clear her college dues in time.
- Indulges in politics.
- Any other act which may be considered by the Principal or the college discipline committee to be an act of violation of discipline.
OFFICERS AUTHORIZED TO TAKE DISCIPLINARY ACTION
The following persons are authorized to take disciplinary action by way of imposing penalties as specified under the heading “Range of Penalties”.
- Chief Proctor
- Disciplinary Committee
- Principal of the College
- College Council
Any penalty enumerated under the heading “Range of Penalties” may be imposed
by the Principal or Chief Proctor of the college upon the recommendation of a Teacher. Head of the Department, Librarian, Hostel Warden , College controller of Examination, incharge Sports, Head of any College Society, Discipline Committee and College Council.
RANGE OF PENALTIES
The following penalties may, for act of indiscipline or misconduct or for sufficient reasons, be imposed on a student, namely.
- Written warning and information to the guardian.
- Fine from Rs. 100 to 5000
- Suspension from class/department/college/hostel/mess/Library/ or availing of any other facility.
- Suspension or cancellation of scholarships, fellowship or any financial assistance from any source or recommendation to that effect to the sanctioning agency.
- Recovery of pecuniary loss caused to college property.
- Debarring from participation in sports , debates, different societies, academic or refreshing tours and other such activities.
- Disqualifying from holding any representative position in the class/college/ hostel/ mess / sports / clubs and in similar other bodies.
- Hostel shift and between Morning/Evening shifts.
- Expulsion from the College/department/faculty/hostel/Mess/Library/Club for a specified period.
- Debarring from an examination.
- Issue of Migration Certificate.
- Issuance of character certificate with adverse remarks.
- Prohibition if further admission or re-admission.
- Stuck-off from the college rolls for the current academic year/session or for any extended period.
SUSPENSION OF STUDENTSHIP
Any student against whom a charge of misconduct has been initiated may be suspended from the college by the Principal which shall continue till the final decision of the competent authority. A review of disciplinary action/actions initiated against a student would lie with the officer issuing the orders, within seven days, and an appeal would lie against the orders of the authorities mentioned in these Rules to the College Council.
AMENDMENT AND ANNULMENT OF RULES
The Principal in consultation with the College Council is competent to amend the rules or regulations, except those related to admission policy, in the interest of the institution.
BAN ON POLITICAL ACTIVITIES
In the light of the Supreme Court verdict which reads as under:-
“Students indulgence in political activities in the college shall be strictly prohibited”
“We therefore, hereby direct that at the time of admission to an educational institution the students and her parents/guardian shall give an undertaking that the student shall not indulge in politics failing which she shall not be allowed admission. And if after the admission, she violates such undertaking i.e. “Indulges herself in politics” she shall be expelled
from the institution without any further notice. All the educational institutions shall henceforth seek and obtain similar undertaking in respect of all existing enrolled students.
It is explained that the finding with regard to “indulgence in politics” given by the Head of institution under her seal and signature shall be final and shall not be questioned except only before the Supreme Court”.
The specimen of undertaking given on the following page has to be filled and signed by the student and her father / guardian on judicial paper and attested by the competent authority to be produced at the time of interview / admission.
Unless a candidate is granted admission to the college, there is no need of producing the undertaking along with the Admission Form. It should be produced at the time of interview / admission.